Thursday, September 25, 2008

Copenhagen, Denmark business trip from 22/09/2008 - 29/09/2008 (Part 1)

This is a church, if nt mistaken. :P
Taken on the afternoon we reached Copenhagen, 23rd October 2008.


According to Winston (our M'sian friend at TIA), at the end of this lake, there's a castle which is lived by the King's brother.

Hi All,

I'm posting this while on biz trip to Copenhagen, Denmark, with my product manager, Siew.

Finally reached Copenhagen airport, 23rd October 2008.
Siew was bz taking photos.
This was one which she took.

Departure..Transit..Arrival
I departed from KLIA using KLM Royal Dutch Airlines at 23:30 (supposed to be departed at 23:10, but slight delay). It was an 11 hrs flight to reach Amsterdam, Holland. There are gift shops at Amsterdam Airport, but the thing is, everything is calculated in Euro. Expensive!! Not long after that, we boarded another smaller plane to Copenhagen. It was a 1 to 2 hr flight. Touching down at Copenhagen airport, we got our luggages and I changed my USD100 to 417.50 Kroners. Then, we took a cab down to Birkerod town where our hotel is.

Time Zone..The time here in Denmark is 6 hrs behind M'sia time. Thats y Darling and I can't have time to chat online so often as when I online after dinner, Darling will be sleeping soundly. When I'm having my lunch, Darling's having his dinner.

Weather here fluctuates like stock exchange..hehe..sometimes cold, sometimes warm, but not as warm as back in M'sia, when the wind blows, I'm still shivering..gotta bring my jacket with me all the time.

Toking abt food, mostly everything here is served cold..cold meat, salad, etc..They do have hot food tho..I only try local food during my breakfast and lunch session. As for dinner, I take my AMWAY replacement meals, which is called positrim (actually it can help in slimming, thats y i opt for it..hehe..), and I mixed it with Protein in berry taste. The mixture tastes like yogurt. YUMMY!!


These photos were taken while Siew and I were waiting for our bus.
This is Holte Station.


Traffic here is smooth all the time as we are in a small town out of Copenhagen city. Ppl here are very environmental friendly. They cycle. The gov actually build cyclist land with small traffic lights. When you're walking on the street, gotta watch out for bicycles. If they bang you, not them, but you're getting into trouble..hehe..

Siew managed to grab a photo of the cyclist traffic light for me.
Did you c the small traffic light on the left of the photo above?


This is a closer shot of the cyclist traffic light.
There's a bicycle sign above the red light.

Siew and I had to take buses to TIA office everyday. Altho we were quite clumsy the first day, we were getting better..hehe..

This photo was taken when we arrived TIA office.
Boss, this is a proof that I did arrive at TIA office..hehe..


An odd photo of me showing the PEACE sign.
Y I mentioned odd? Becoz I seldom do it in my photos.


Siew was saying "Wah! Jerrin hardworking. So serious in work."
Padahal, I was there choosing which movie to download..hahahahaha..:P

Don't think of me as lazy, I got do my work ok..


Lets tok abt working environment..
My co partner, TIA, has a new and huge office equipped with facilities like kitchen with chef to prepare breakfast, lunch and even dinner (dinner cost on staff and deducted thru salary) for staff. Soft drinks, juices, smoothies and hot drinks are available 24-7. They even have their own gym room and sauna. All the staff are well taken care of. Great! Thats what we want in M'sia, don't we?
Working environment here is so relaxing and flexible. The staff come in early and may leave early at the end of the day. Every Friday, they off as early as 4pm. Altho their working hrs are flexible, they are indeed very productive.

This is receptionist desk in TIA office.


Photo taken on 26th September 2008, the last day working at TIA office.

I'm still trying to get used to local time zone altho I'm already here for few days.
I'm quite tired at the end of the day and only crave for some sleep.
I miss my Darling a lot and we tok on the phone everyday.
I checked my hp bill last nite and rough calculation showed that my bills is more than rm600..ooopppsss!! My allowance is solely for my hp bills I guess.. :P


This photo is taken beside The Little Mermaid, 28th October 2008.
Copenhagen is famous of this Little Mermaid statue.
There's a story behind it, if not wrong.
Altho I didn't get to the real statue, I got a photo of myself with The Little Mermaid at Copenhagen airport.


We found a booth displaying 2 sports cars.
To win these cars, we gotta buy air tickets..I couldn't remember tickets to where..

I can't find any gift/sourvenir shops arnd Birkerod.
One of TIA staff, Winston (he's M'sian, but has been abroad for many yrs), told me I can get souvenirs from shops in a town called Lyngby (which they read as "Lumbu" locally). The problem is, what bus to get me there?


This is a dbl deck plane which we took from Amsterdam to KLIA.
Similar to the one we took from KLIA to Amsterdam.

~Jerrin~

2 comments:

~ Moon Moon ~ said...

wow!!
goood! i wan to hav biz trip to denmark as welll XD

Lim Kian Seng said...

hahahaha..very sien one leh..if u go denmark vacation, then ok lah..i sit on the plane for more than 11 hrs, my ass very pain leh..becoz of tat slp oso nt very well..